Made these the other night and captured some pictures to show off how yummy they are. I really wish you all could have smelled these, they tasted even better. I think they are the best batch I have ever made! As you can see below, I used Kraft triple cheddar shredded cheese, and I think it gave them the awesome flavor.
White Chicken Enchiladas
10 small or 8 large flour tortillas
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
2-3 4 oz bags shredded cheese – you will want some for the top of the enchiladas as well as the inside
3 Tbs. butter
3 Tbs. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 4 oz can diced green chilies
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease 9×13 pan – or a big casserole dish
3. Cook chicken in oven or crockpot – if you use a crock pot you can use the broth from the chicken instead of the canned processed stuff.
4. After the chicken is cooked prepare the enchiladas by placing a thin layer of cheese on the tortilla, then chicken, then a little more cheese. Repeat for each enchilada.
5. Roll each enchilada and place in 9×13 pan.
6. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium until thick and smooth.
7. Stir in sour cream and chilis. Do not bring to boil, the sour cream will curdle.
8. Pour mixture over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
9. Bake 22 minutes and then broil for 3-5 minutes to brown cheese (depending on how crunchy you want the top).
10. Plate and enjoy.
FROM PREP TO PLATING!!!!