A perfect recipe for a Sunday brunch or early that morning coffee, is a great crumb cake.
1/2 cub shortening
1 cup sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
1. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
2. Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
3. Pour into a greased 9 inch round baking pan (or whatever you have available).
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool for 10 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar.